SEAK CHIA YAN, PARTNER
• Bachelor of Laws (Honours), UKM
• Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya (2011)
• Concluded a sale and purchase agreement of a land with four office towers erected on it worth RM480 million
• Represented foreign investors/purchasers and concluded the sale and purchase of few lots of industrial land in Kuantan, Pahang worth at least RM75 million per lot
• Represented foreign corporation in their proposed acquisition of a Malaysian hotel and concluded the sale and purchase agreements for the acquisition
Chia Yan’s areas of practice consists of corporate and commercial, corporate real estate and project development. She advises on sub-sales and property financing matters where she represents major financial institutions in concluding their financing transactions and documentations.
She is regularly sought by property developers to represent them in concluding sale and purchase transactions for properties ranging from residential, commercial, industrial and mix-development projects.
In the corporate area of practice, she is regularly sought by local and foreign companies in rendering legal opinions with regards to various regulatory compliance i.e. Companies Act and Malaysia Construction Industry Development Board Act. Additionally, Chia Yan also assist them with the documents attestation service with respective foreign embassies.