ONG YEE SHIN, PARTNER
• Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of London
• Certificate of Legal Practice, Malaysia Legal Profession Qualifying Board
• Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya (2007)
• Corporate legal team in relation to the listing and quotation of, amongst others, PETRONAS Chemicals Group Berhad, MSM Malaysia Holdings Berhad, Felda Global Ventures Holdings Berhad, UMW Oil & Gas Corporation Berhad, Boustead Plantations Berhad and Malakoff Corporation Berhad
• Corporate legal team in the voluntary take-over exercise on Tradewinds (M) Berhad which subsequently lead to two mandatory takeover exercises on Tradewinds Plantation Berhad and Padiberas Nasional Berhad
• Corporate legal team in public offering of unit trust in relation to injection of additional assets in the Al-Hadharah Boustead REIT, the first Islamic principle-based plantation REIT in Malaysia and in the world
Yee Shin has extensive legal experience in various areas of the corporate and commercial works. With his past experiences acting as Malaysian legal counsel in numerous initial public offerings and listings on Bursa Malaysia, he is regularly sought by local companies (both listed and unlisted) and foreign companies for advice and representation in various corporate exercise including joint ventures, take-overs, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, cross-border investments, real estate investment trust and unit trust funds. He has handled many corporate exercises involving major due diligence and submissions to regulatory authorities.
Yee Shin is also involved in various matters relating to the corporate banking and debt capital markets, including project financing. He was involved in a number of project financing transactions for energy companies in Malaysia where he was required to review and advise on all the project transaction documents.